Melissa A.

Melissa A.
West House
Topic: Aviation
Essential Question: What is most essential in being successful in the cadet program at Civil Air Patrol?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog 8: What I've Learned So Far

1) What have you learned how to do since you started working on your senior project?
In first starting the senior project I have learned to ask anything possible. This may seem like frivolous, but when I was searching for a possible project topic I didn't know where to begin. I asked everyone I knew for possible ideas. When I finally knew that I wanted to do aviation for my project I needed to figure out where I could do my service learning. With my first interview, Pat Hacker, I learned that I could possibly do my service learning at the Civil Air Patrol. I now go to the Civil Air Patrol every Monday for the cadet program and I really enjoy it. 
With spending more time at Civil Air Patrol I have learned what I can accomplish in the near future. I recently made a self propelled rocket. Although simple in design, it gave me a brief preview of what is ahead. In the coming weeks at Civil Air Patrol we will be making rockets in preparation for ROCStock in mid November. ROCStock is when you can take a rocket you have made and launch it or you can simply go to observe. Just last week we have gotten information on the some of the founders of the rocket. 

2) Post evidence of this accomplishment.  It can be in the form of a picture, video, document, etc..

This is a photo of the rocket I made, its really simple and fun to make.
3) What research helped you to do this and how?
 


  • One important source was my first interview, Pat Hacker, as she told me of the Civil Air Patrol. 
  • In first researching Civil Air Patrol as a possible service learning place I have found that Civil Air Patrol's website to be helpful in explaining the cadet program and where I could join. http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/about/
  • Other research that has helped me has been an article that gives information on how an airplane works. With this information that I have learned I can apply it to building my own rocket for ROCStock. http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/flight/modern/airplanes.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment