Melissa A.

Melissa A.
West House
Topic: Aviation
Essential Question: What is most essential in being successful in the cadet program at Civil Air Patrol?

Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 3: Senior Project Presentation One

Objective: To teach students about the different types of jobs that requires a pilot’s license. My end goal is for students to have knowledge of some of the professions that require a person to be a pilot and the importance it has today. 

Procedures:
1    Ask two to three students, “What are some professions that you can think of that require a pilot’s license?”
2.     I will then proceed in telling them different professions that require a pilot’s license. For example, the fire department, police department, commercial airlines, etc. 
3.      I will then go into detail of the different professions and their importance.
4.     To make sure everyone understands I will ask two to three students, “What is the importance of those professions?”
5.      I will then conclude my presentation by asking students if they have any questions. 

Check for Understanding: To check for understanding I will ask two different questions picking two to three students each time to give me an answer. I would like to see students make links to how the specific profession plays a role in many different situations. 

Resources/ Materials: I will need the desk all facing the whiteboard. I will have a poster to show the different professions that require a pilot’s license and a short explanation.  
My visual will include the following:
The fire department: search and rescue, planes that drop water on wildfires and aid in natural disaster (supplies, food, medical equipment)
The police department: the help in finding criminals and boarder control
Commercial Airlines: the importance of safety the transportation of goods (FedEx)

No comments:

Post a Comment